Making queso with Velveeta cheese is a simple and quick process that results in a creamy, delicious dip perfect for parties, game days, or just a casual snack. Here’s how to do it:
- 1 lb Velveeta cheese, cubed
- 1 can (10 oz) Rotel diced tomatoes and green chilies, undrained
- 1/2 cup milk (optional, for a thinner consistency)
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder (optional)
- 1/4 teaspoon onion powder (optional)
- 1/4 teaspoon cayenne pepper (optional, for extra heat)
- Salt to taste
- Microwave-safe bowl or a saucepan
- Spoon or spatula for stirring
- Measuring cups and spoons
- Preparation: Cut the Velveeta cheese into small cubes for easier melting.
- Combine Ingredients: In a microwave-safe bowl or a saucepan, combine the cubed Velveeta cheese and the can of Rotel diced tomatoes and green chilies.
- Optional Spices: If you’re using garlic powder, onion powder, cayenne pepper, or any other spices, add them to the mixture at this point.
- Microwave Method:
- Place the bowl in the microwave and heat on high for 5 minutes.
- Pause halfway to stir the mixture.
- Continue microwaving until the cheese is completely melted and the ingredients are well combined.
- Stovetop Method:
- Place the saucepan over low heat.
- Stir frequently to prevent the cheese from sticking to the bottom.
- Continue cooking until the cheese is completely melted and the ingredients are well combined.
- Adjust Consistency: If you prefer a thinner queso, add milk in small increments, stirring well after each addition.
- Taste and Adjust: Add salt or additional spices to taste.
- Serve: Serve your Velveeta queso hot with tortilla chips vegetables, or as a topping for nachos or tacos.
- You can add cooked ground beef, sausage, or even vegetables like corn and black beans for a more substantial dip.
- If the queso is too thick after cooling, reheat it and add more milk to reach your desired consistency.
Enjoy your homemade Velveeta queso!
Learn more: How to Make Chipotle Peppers in Adobo Sauce?